4:55 am: Departure from Riyadh airport
6:30 am: Arrival at Al Jouf airport
Enjoy a morning city tour in Skaka stopping at:
◦ Zaabal Castle – northwest of Sakaka lies a pre-Islamic fort with wall and watchtowers
◦ Sisra Well – an old water well carved in sandstone dating from the Nabatieh period
◦ Olive and balm tree farm
◦ Al Jouf lake
12:00 pm: Hotel check-in, lunch and rest
4:00 pm: Afternoon tour comprises:
◦ Alrjagel – a stone column mounted on a semi-circular shape dating back to 4,000 BC
◦ Private museum
◦ Al Jouf lake which was formed from surplus irrigation water and rain in an area of 500,000 square meters, and attracts many migratory birds as well as visiting locals and tourists.
◦ Local Souk
8:00pm: Dinner at the hotel
7:30 am: Breakfast at the hotel followed by a drive to Dawmat Al-Janda, stopping at:
◦ Olive pressing plant for the Cooperative Society
◦ The Omar Ibn Al-Khattab mosque which he built from stone and mud while he was returning from Jerusalem in AH 17. It features a pyramid-shaped minaret – one of the oldest minarets in the Arabian Peninsula.
◦ Mared Castle – built in the first century AD, this historic, oval shaped stone building consists of wall openings, monitor and two deep wells drilled into the rock.
◦ Al Jouf National Museum of Antiquities
14:15 pm: Departure time for Al Jouf airport
15:50 pm: Arrival time at Riyadh airport
Included in the trip
Transfer to and from Al Jouf airport and in Al Jouf for the duration of the trip
One night accommodation in Al Jouf
English speaking guide
Please note that there will not be a Haya Tour guide to meet you at Riyadh airport. However, you will be met at your destination airport by your guide or driver.
The price for this tour does not include the airfare. We are happy to arrange this for you or alternatively, you can arrange your own flights ensuring that you arrive in time to begin the tour. Please contact us if you would like fight details and prices.